West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEEM) Application Form, Exam Dates, Admit Cards, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Cut-Off, Results: West Bengal Joint Examination Board every year conducts many examinations for candidates who wants to study in this university and also conducts examinations for candidates who wish to join this university on different posts. This Board promises to provide high and good quality education to all students who enroll themselves as a part of this board.
WBJEE is conduction entrance examination For various undergraduate courses. Examination for session 2017-18 will be conducted on 21 and 22 April 2018 according to latest notification released by West Bengal Joint Examination Board. As per eligibility criterion all students who have passed 12 with 60% are eligible for applying for this examination.
WBJEE 2018 Exam Complete Overview-
- 1 WBJEE 2018 Exam Complete Overview-
- 1.1 WBJEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria-
- 1.2 WBJEEM Application Form 2018: Steps-
- 1.3 How to Apply-
- 1.4 WBJEEM Application Form 2018: Queries-
- 1.5 WBJEE 2018 Complete Exam Pattern-
- 1.6 Syllabus for WBJEE-2018-
- 1.7 WBJEE 2018 Marking Scheme-
- 1.8 WBJEE 2018 Admit Card, Call Later, Hall Tickets-
- 1.9 The WBJEE Admit Card will contain-
- 1.10 WBJEE 2018 Answer Key –
- 1.11 WBJEE Cut Off Marks –
- 1.12 Factors affecting WBJEE Cutoff
- 1.13 WBJEE Question Papers of last years pdf-
- 1.14 WBJEE 2018 Result-
- 1.15 Most preferred colleges for Computer Science & Engineering-
- 1.16 Most preferred colleges for Mechanical Engineering-
- 1.17 WBJEE Counselling 2018-
- 1.18 WBJEE Exam 2018 Schedule & Dates –
- 1.19 FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)-
- 1.19.1 Question: What happened if I will forget my application no. or password?
- 1.19.2 Question: Is there any correction facility after submission of application form?
- 1.19.3 Question: Can I get the application form through offline mode?
- 1.19.4 Question: Is I have to attach any documents while filling application form?
- 1.19.5 Question: Is application fee is different for every category?
- 1.19.6 Question: What is the last date to fill the WBJEE application form?
- 1.19.7 Question: I have to send the hard copy of the filled-in application form?
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Also Known as||WBJEE|
|Conducting Authority||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Courses||Engineering & Technology
|Application Mode||Online application form will be available|
|Syllabus||Topics of 10+2 level|
|Contact Details||Address: WBJEE Board, AQ – 13/1, Sector – V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091.
Phone: (033) 2367 1159/1198
Toll-free help desk: 1800 1023 781
WBJEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria-
The eligibility criteria for WBJEE 2018 is given below in detail:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: Student’s age should be about 17 years as on 31st December 2018.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for WBJEE.
- Candidates born on or after 1st January 2002 are not eligible.
- For Marine Engineering Course, the minimum age should be 17 years as on 31st December 2018 & upper age limit should be 25 years as on 31st December 2018.
For Engineering Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates have to qualify their qualifying examination with Physics & Mathematics along with one of the subjects Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Computer Science/Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC, PwD category) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidate must pass English in the 10+2 examination with minimum 30% marks.
- Appearing Candidates can also apply.
For Pharmacy Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should qualify the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must qualify the above examinationPhysics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure at least 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD category) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidate must pass English in the 10+2 examination with minimum 30% marks.
WBJEEM Application Form 2018: Steps-
WBJEE Application Form 2018 has already been released so go to official web portal and fill your application form. Here we are also showing you steps for filling up the form: –
How to Apply-
Candidates can fill their application form by following the procedure given below:
- Go to the official website link.
- Fill the registration details for registration such as name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth.
- Fill the personal details in the application form like nationality, religion, income category, address, choice of examination zones, academic details, etc.
- Candidates have to choose a password and security answer.
- Review your application form and make changes if any.
- After that, candidates will be asked for submitting the application form.
- An application number will be generated or also sent to the candidates through email/SMS.
- You can log out or continue to next step.
- Upload scanned image of recent color passport size photograph (4 cm x 3 cm) (3 kb to 100 kb) & signature (4 cm x 1.5 cm) (3 kb to 30 kb). The images is in JPEG/JPG format.
- Pay the required application fee through any one of the given modes.
- On successful completion of all steps, take the printout of the confirmation page.
- Keep the printout of the confirmation page till admission in the allotted institution.
NOTE: After filling up application form and uploading all requi
red document candidates will be forwarded to submit fee webpage, so every candidate have to pay Rs 500/- as registration fees.
WBJEEM Application Form 2018: Queries-
Any queries related to WBJEE 2018 Application Form are also invited here. If you find any problem kindly let us know or contact responsible authority on given address:
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City,
Phone- 033 23671198
TollFree- 1800 345 0050
WBJEE 2018 Complete Exam Pattern-
The exam pattern for WBJEE 2018 Examination is given below in detail:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through offline mode (OMR Pattern).
- Total Marks: The whole question paper will consist of 200 marks.
- Type of Questions: The question will consist of multiple choice questions.
- Answering Mode: Candidates should use blue/black ball point pen for darkening the appropriate circle completely.
- Subjects: Question paper will comprise of three subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- No. of Questions: Total 155 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Negative Marking: In category- I & category II, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking in category-III.
|Papers||Subjects||Category-I (1 marks)||Category-II
|Category-III (2 marks)||Total Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
Note: In Category-I: Only one answer option is correct.
In Category-II: Only one answer option is correct.
In Category-III: One or more answer options are correct.
Syllabus for WBJEE-2018-
The Questions are basically MCQ types. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination syllabus is based upon PCM or PCB topics taught in classes 11th and 12th. Even so, WBJEEB specifies complete WBJEE syllabus so as to make things easier for aspirants. The subject wise important topics of WBJEE 2018 Syllabus is mentioned below:
- A.P., G.P., H.P.
- Complex Numbers
- Polynomial equation
- Permutation and combination
- Principle of mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem (positive integral index)
- Sets, Relations, and Mappings
- Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation
- Statistics and Probability
- The measure of dispersion, mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution. Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trials and Binomial distribution.
Trigonometric functions, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and sub-multiple angles, the general solution of trigonometric equations. Properties of triangles, inverse trigonometric functions, and their properties.
Coordinate geometry of two dimensions
Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions
Direction cosines and direction ratios, the distance between two points and section formula, the equation of a straight line, the equation of a plane, the distance of a point from a plane.
- Differential calculus
- Rolle’s Theorem and Lagrange’s Mean Value theorem (statement only). Their geometric interpretation and elementary application. L’Hospital’s rule (statement only) and applications. Second order derivative.
- Integral calculus
- Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions. The fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications. Properties of definite integrals.
- Differential Equations
- Application of Calculus
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Optics (II) Wave Optics
- Motion of center of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Heat & Thermal Physics
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Particle nature of light & wave-particle dualism
- Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry in Industry
WBJEE 2018 Marking Scheme-
|Only one out four options will be correct|
|Each correct answer will carry 1 mark|
|There will be a negative marking of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.|
|In case you mark more than one option, the answer will be treated as wrong and ¼ marks will be deducted.|
|Only one out four options will be correct|
|Each correct answer will carry 2 marks|
|There will be a negative marking of ½ marks for each wrong answer.|
|In case you mark more than one option, the answer will be treated as wrong and ½ marks will be deducted.|
|One or more options may be correct|
|Only all correct responses will carry 2 marks|
|In case of combination of correct and wrong options marked, the answer will be treated as wrong and no marks will be given|
|For a partially correct response, marks awarded will be = 2 x (No. of correct options marked / total no. of correct options).|
WBJEE 2018 Admit Card, Call Later, Hall Tickets-
Admit cards/ Hall ticket is mandatory documents which contain detail such as candidates roll number, name, center, seat, and the birth of dates etc. Candidates should keep printed copies of WBJEE Admit card for further use and verification.
Candidates can Download WBJEE Call Later from online, official portal of authority. Who have successfully submitted the application can only download their admit cards/hall ticket. Authority will not send admit cards to any candidates in their residential address by via post etc.
- Candidates those successfully submitted the application form can get their admit card.
- Admit card will be issued to candidates in person after submitting the application.
- Candidates must produce the “Photo Admit card” for appearing in the examination.
- It is informed to the candidates to check all details of the exam mentioned on the admit card.
The WBJEE Admit Card will contain-
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Photograph of the candidate
- Exam Roll Number
- Exam Centre and Date of examination
WBJEE 2018 Answer Key –
WBJEE 2018 Answer Key will be published through online mode after the examination. Candidate will be able to challenge the answer key by login into account with password. Candidates can challenge the answer key through online mode on payment of Rs. 500 per question via net banking/debit card/ credit card/ e-Challan. The fee is non-refundable. WBJEE Decision will be final on the challenges & no further communication will be entertained.
WBJEE Cut Off Marks –
The candidates can check the full cutoff of the previous year as a reference to know which ranks are needed for admission. Cut-off marks will help candidates that they are eligibility or not. Candidates can Check Their WBJEE 2018 cut-off marks in official portal. Candidates can check through online.
Different college’s courses have different cut-off marks. A cut-off mark is change according to basis of various factors such as number of candidate appearing for the exam, difficulty level of exam, etc. Once it is changed by authority no other person can change it again.
Factors affecting WBJEE Cutoff
The cutoff score of WBJEE 2018 will depend on the following factors:
- Difficulty level of the question paper of WBJEE
- Total number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Performance of candidates in the entrance examination
- Number of seats available in B.Tech courses offered by the participating institutes
- Previous year’s WBJEE cutoff trend
Highlights of WBJEE 2018 Cutoff-
The cutoff will be announced along with the result of WBJEE. Candidates can check important points related to the WBJEE cutoff given below:
- The cutoff of WBJEE will be decided by WBJEEB and only those candidates who will meet the cutoff rank/score will qualify the examination
- On the basis of WBJEE cutoff, the merit list of candidates will be prepared based on which the participating institutes will grant admission into B.Tech courses
- Each member institute will release their individual branch wise cutoff in the form of opening and closing rank
- A separate list of cutoff rank will also be published for JEE Main candidates. The Self Financed Engineering & Technology Colleges of West Bengal will fill 10% of the approved seats through JEE Main.
- Candidates have to meet the cutoff rank for admission into various engineering courses offered by the participating institutes of WBJEE
WBJEE Question Papers of last years pdf-
The WBJEE Sample Question Paper in English and WBJEE Sample Question Paper in Bengali can be Available in the Below Links. Here we have provided the complete list of WBJEE Question papers with the solutions and the WBJEE last year Question Papers. The WBJEE Entrance Test Previous Question Papers can be download in pdf format for the Applied Students as the can prepare for the WBJEE 2018 Exam. You can Download the WBJEE Entrance Test Official Question paper with the Subject Wise Papers in pdf Format. The Following are the Model Question papers of WBJEE 2018 Entrance Test. The Applied Candidates Can follow the question papers for Exam Preparation.
These Previous Year Question Papers for WBJEE will help you to get updated with the latest syllabus and Expected questions to be asked in WBJEE. It will help you to score well in WBJEE 2018 Entrance Examination. Here is the Subject wise divided list for WBJEE previous Year Question Papers.
|WBJEE Question Papers||Year||Physics||Chemistry||Mathematics||Biology|
|WBJEE 2016 Question Paper with Solution||2016||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|WBJEE Question Paper with Solution||2015||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|WBJEE Previous Year Question Papers with Solution in PDF||2014||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|WBJEE Previous Year Question Papers with Solution in PDF||2013||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|WBJEE 2012 Question Paper with Solution||2012||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|WBJEE Previous Year Question Papers with Solution in PDF||2011||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|WBJEE Question Papers in PDF||2010||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|Download WBJEE Previous Year Question Papers PDF||2009||Download||Download||Download||Download|
Check WBJEE Question Paper with Answer key 2017 for All sets-
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) annually conducts the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for aspirants seeking admission into undergraduate level Engineering courses in the state of West Bengal. Candidates need to qualify the WBJEE Examination 2018 with qualifying marks to get admission in their desired Engineering courses. Candidates need to score the best rank to get admission in best colleges across West Bengal. This is the State level entrance test conducted by WBJEEB annually to affirm admission for students based on their rank. Lakhs of aspirants compete for WBJEE examination every year.
WBJEE 2017 Answer Key by Coaching Institutes-
WBJEE 2018 Result-
Candidates will be able to check their results through online mode. The WBJEE 2018 Result will be declared in the 5th June 2018. The result will be published in the form of Rank Cards, which contain all relevant ranks, total score & component scores in Paper-I (Mathematics) & paper-II (Physics & Chemistry). After the result declaration, the cut-off list will be published by the authority.
WBJEE 2017 Closing Ranks of top 10 engineering branches-
|S.No.||Branch||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|1.||Computer Science & Engineering||12||89747|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||40||89429|
Most preferred colleges for Computer Science & Engineering-
|1.||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||195|
|2.||Institute of Engineering and Management||2502|
|3.||Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||2314|
|4.||University of Calcutta, Kolkata||1488|
|5.||Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia||8813|
Most preferred colleges for Electronics and Communication Engineering-
|1.||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||329|
|2.||Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||3066|
|3.||University of Calcutta, Kolkata||1850|
|4.||Institute of Engineering and Management||4030|
|5.||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri||6564|
Most preferred colleges for Mechanical Engineering-
|1.||Jadavpur University, KolkataInstitute of Engineering and Management||616|
|2.||Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata||5938|
|3.||Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||2783|
|4.||Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri||4746|
|5.||Institute of Engineering and Management||3562|
WBJEE Counselling 2018-
- Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the WBJEE cut-off marks.
- The notification related to the e-counselling/seat allotment will be posted through online mode in our website.
- The WBJEE 2018 counselling will be held through offline mode in the month of June 2018.
- In the counselling process, candidates have to choose the college & programmes according their preferences.
- The counselling will be organized in three rounds.
- Candidates have to report at the reporting center for document verification.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the merit & preference of the candidates.
WBJEE Exam 2018 Schedule & Dates –
Here candidates can get the official schedule of WBJEE 2018.
|Availability of Information Brochure||18th November 2017|
|Online Application Form Starts||19th December 2017|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment||19th January 2018|
|Last date of downloading confirmation page||24th January 2018|
|Correction Window Open||26th January to 28th January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||10th April 2018|
|Date of Exam||22nd April 2018|
|Paper-I (Mathematics)||11:00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Result Publication||5th June 2018|