IAS Exam Preparation Guide 2018- The Indian Administrative Service shortened as IAS (भारतीय प्रशासनिक सेवा ) is the chief regulatory common administration of the Government of India. IAS officers hold key and vital positions in the Union Government, States and open area endeavors. Like in different nations , after Parliamentary framework, IAS as the perpetual organization in India structures a conjoined piece of the official limb of the Government of India along these lines giving congruity and non partisanship to the organization. Not at all like Candidates chose to other common administrations, an individual once selected to Indian Administrative Service or Indian Foreign Service(ifs) gets to be ineligible to return in Civil administration examination led by Union Public Service Commission on the grounds that there are no higher common administrations other than aforementioned two administrations under Government of India.
Important Things To Remember About IAS Exam:
- 1 Qualification for 2017 IAS Exam-
- 1.1 IAS 2017 Prelims Pattern and Syllabus-
- 1.2 IAS Preparation Strategies-
- 1.2.1 General Strategy:
- 1.2.2 Preparation Of History:
- 1.2.3 Preparation Of Geography:
- 1.2.4 Preparation Of General Science:
- 1.2.5 Preparation Of Current Affairs:
- 1.2.6 Preparation Of General Awareness:
- 1.2.7 Syllabus Sellection:
- 1.2.8 Sellection of Books:
- 1.2.9 Create Your Own Notes:
- 1.2.10 Practice with Old Papers:
- 1.2.11 IAS syllabus and papers which are counted for final merits.
- 1.3 IAS Syllabus for optional subjects PAPER-VI & PAPER VII
- Civil Services Examination and most popularly termed ( IAS Exam) is one of the most trending competitive exam organized by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) of India. The UPSC exam is held every year for granting various Civil Service Officers including Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), and Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
- The exam is organized every year in two stages, i.e. Civil Services Preliminary and Mains Exams.
- The Preliminary exam consists of multiple choice question type of paper which is going to check a candidate’s General Studies and Aptitude.
- Civil Services Mains examination is a personal paper that tests a candidate on basically nine essays and an interview.
- The whole process for UPSC / IAS exam from the news of the Preliminary examination test dates to the announcement of the UPSC results takes almost a year.
- Civil Services Exam is organized in three major levels also called the Phases of IAS or IAS Exam.
Qualification for 2017 IAS Exam-
Emulating is the qualification for IAS exam 2017. details of IAS Criteria are given beneath:
Must be subject of India (for IAS and IPS) and For different administrations must be either resident of India, Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee, Person of Indian Origin (PIO) moved to India.
For Indian Citizen Minimum 21 years (all classifications) and Max 32 years (general classification), 35 years (OBC), 37 years (SC and ST) and 5 years exception on maximum farthest point for ex-Servicemen.
|Category||Maximum Age Limit||Number of Attempts|
|General Category||32 Years||6|
|OBC Category||35 Years||9|
|SC/ST Category||37 Years||Till you complete your age Limit|
|Physically disabled(Orthopedic |Deaf-mute|Blind)||42 Years||General -9| OBC-9| SC/ST – Complete age Limit|
|Jammu and Kashmir domicile||General- 37| OBC- 42|SC/ST- 42| PH- 50-|
|Ex-serviceman with five years duty*||General- 37| OBC- 42|SC/ST- 42|
|Disabled Serviceman Discharged From Duty||General- 35| OBC- 38S| C/ST- 40|
A degree (least) from a college perceived by UGC.
Number of Attempts:
6 (general class) 9 (OBC) and No endeavor point of confinement till 37 years (SC/ST).
IAS 2017 Prelims Pattern and Syllabus-
The prelims will comprise of two papers normal to all.
1.General Studies Paper I
Most extreme imprints : 200
Number of Questions : 100
Aggregate Time : 120 minutes (02 hours)
1. Current events of national and international importance
2. History of India and Indian national movement
3. Indian and World Geography – physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
4. Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
5. Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
6. General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change – that do not require subject specialization
7. General Science
2.General Studies Paper II
Most extreme imprints : 200
Number of Questions : 80
Aggregate Time : 120 minutes (02 hours)
2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. – Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
7. English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
IAS Preparation Strategies-
Overall planned procedure alongside ideal time administration is the main two stepping stools for your fantasy objective. It’s extremely paramount to plan your procedure as it pays to act naturally. However for the general direction to handle Civil Services examination, here are a percentage of the rules which will help the competitor to attain achievement.
Preparation Of History:
An enormous anxiety is given to present day history and flexibility development. Likewise accentuation is given to Ancient India. A careless look over the medieval history would fill the need. Indian history, world history, modern india, medieval india, modern world, battles, wars, names, places, abbrivations and terms etc. topics are include in this section.
Preparation Of Geography:
An immense stress is to be given to physical topography and maps related inquiries. Get yourself decently familiar with maps with the assistance of a decent Atlas. indian Geography, different heat zones of the earth, world knowledge, geography of the indian subcontient, Important boubdery lines, general introduction of the asia and others topics covers in this section.
Preparation Of General Science:
It covers a significant lump, so be knowledgeable with the subjects of general science from a standard manual. Stay Updated With general scientific factors and other science related topics.
Preparation Of Current Affairs:
Going day by day through a standard news paper altogether will suffice. You Can Learn Through Your Television Media, Media Channals, Youtube Channals, Online Through Websites And Other Manuals.
Preparation Of General Awareness:
Any great manual or year book will be suited for the reason. Choose your Best books Or Through Specific Websites You can learn general awarenss.
Get yourself generally educated about the substance of the syllabus and the points it covers. An exhaustive commonality with your discretionary decreases your mental trouble at the first sight itself.
Sellection of Books:
It is fitting not to experience a ton of books, rather experience one quality book on every point which illuminates your fundamental idea. Standard books spare your valuable time as well as aide you as an immaculate instructor. So dependably depend on standard great books. Additionally it is fitting to gather different books on my points ahead of time in order to spare time for the most recent moment bother.
Create Your Own Notes:
It is constantly prudent to make notes of the related subjects. A decently created note explains two reasons. From one viewpoint the wannabe experiences the syllabus once and then again it is of huge help on the eve of examination.
Practice with Old Papers:
It is the most essential piece of your procedure as contributing your time skillfully will procure rich profits. Experience the exam papers of recent years to distinguish the example and select the points which are asked regularly. At the same time, recognize those themes which are especially helpful for routine exposition sort questions. When you have unmistakably divided the themes for the traditional and the destination sorts, the rest will be a simpler errand. A careful understanding of the past papers will along these lines settle two of your reasons. It would support your certainty level at first as you come to know the benchmarks of the inquiry and also it directs always through your arrangement.
IAS syllabus and papers which are counted for final merits.
|Paper||Subject and Content||Marks|
|Paper-I||Essay ( It Can be written in the medium or language of the candidate’s choice)||250|
|Paper-II||General Studies-I (Culture and Indian Heritage|History and Geography of the World and Society)||250|
|Paper- III||General Studies –II (Constitution| Governance| Social Justice| Polity| and International relations)||250|
|Paper-IV||General Studies –III (Economic Development| Technology| Environment| Biodiversity| Disaster Management and Security)||250|
|Paper-V||General Studies –IV (Aptitude| Integrity| and Ethics)||250|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2||250|
IAS Syllabus for optional subjects PAPER-VI & PAPER VII
Optional Subject Papers I & II (Candidates may choose any optional subject from given list) Click on the name of the subject and have a view of contains in the particular subject.
|Optional Subjects||UPSC Syllabus for Literature|
|AGRICULTURE (Anatomy| Pharmacology and Hygiene)||Assamese|
|ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND VETERINARY SCIENCE||Bengali|
|COMMERCE AND ACCOUNTANCY||Hindi|
|POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS||Sindhi|
|STATICS||Urdu and English.|
|Sub Total (Written test)||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|