Sainik School Admission 2020: The process of application for admission in Sainik School has started but this time the admissions have been opened only for Girl Child. These admissions have been opened for Sainik Schools located in Bijapur (Karnataka), Chandrapur (Maharashtra), Ghorakal (Uttarakhand), Kalikiri (Andhra Pradesh) and Kodagu (Karnataka).
Those who have to apply for admission in these schools can apply by visiting the official website of Sainik School sainikschooladmission.in. Keep in mind that admissions are opened only for the above schools. Apart from this, the last date of application for admission in these schools is 6 December 2019.
What is a Sainik School?
Sainik schools were conceived in 1961 with the aim of preparing boys physically and mentally for admission to the National Defense Academy. The Sainik School System is established and managed by the Sainik School Society, Ministry of Defense. The main objective of Sainik Schools is to make public school education accessible to the common man.
It prepares students to lead as officers in the country’s defense services. There are about 26 military schools in the country. Schools focus on adapting the overall personality of the students with an emphasis on extracurricular activities. Sainik schools believe in the all-round development of cadets which enables them to become good and useful citizens.
Admission in all Sainik Schools is for boys only and entrance examination is conducted for admission in classes VI and IX. Students who are between 10–11 years of age and 13–14 years of age want to take admission in the first July of the year respectively, who are entitled to take the exam. To get admission in ninth grade, boys need to study in eighth grade in a recognized school. Please note that admissions are made strictly in class VI and IX only on the basis of merit.
Eligibility Criteria for Sainik School Admission 2020
- The candidate’s father must be domiciled of their states.
- Date of Birth – Applications are invited from the candidates born between the dates given under the academic year 2020-21 to appear in the School Admission Exam.
- For Class VII (Male only): 02 July 2008 to 01 January 2010 (both dates inclusive).
- For Class IX (Female only): 02 July 2006 to 01 January 2006 (both dates inclusive).
- Must have passed Class VI and VIII from a recognized school by 20 May 2020 for admission to class VII and IX respectively.
- Admission to the school is done by an OMR based competitive written examination.
Candidates who pass the written examination and appear on the merit list will have to appear for an interview on the school premises and undergo a medical examination. The final merit list will be prepared after the interview and medical examination. The results will be hosted on the school’s website.
- The written test results are published on the school websites and also displayed on the school notice board.
Candidates who qualify in the interview are required to appear before a Military Medical Board on payment of Rs. Rs.100 / – for General and OBC candidates and Rs.50 / – for SC / ST candidates (fee may change as per hospital instructions)
Out of total vacancies, 27% of seats are reserved for OBC, 21% for SC, 02% for ST and 10% for the WWS category. Excluded caste will not be considered in the ST category.
If any wrong caste certificate is found at any time, his candidature will be canceled and legal action will be initiated as per rules.