Good Friday 2023 Messages, Wishes, Quotes, Greetings For Friends And Family: Good Friday is an important day for Christians worldwide, as it marks the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It is a day of mourning and reflection, but also a time to reach out to loved ones and share messages of hope and comfort. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best Good Friday messages, quotes, and greetings you can use to spread the message of love and faith on this solemn occasion.
What is Good Friday?
Before we dive into the messages and quotes, let’s briefly review what Good Friday is and why it is celebrated. Good Friday is the Friday before Easter Sunday, which commemorates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is the day when Jesus was crucified and died on the cross. Christians observe Good Friday as a day of fasting, prayer, and contemplation, reflecting on the sacrifice Jesus made for humanity.
Good Friday 2023 Messages for Friends
If you have friends who celebrate Good Friday, it’s a thoughtful gesture to send them a message of encouragement and support. Here are some ideas:
- “May the solemnity of this day deepen your faith and strengthen your resolve to live a life of love and compassion.”
- “Thinking of you on this Good Friday and praying that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ fills your heart with hope and joy.”
- “May the love of God surround you on this Good Friday and always.”
- “On this Good Friday, let us remember that through his suffering and death, Jesus showed us the true meaning of love and sacrifice.”
- “Good Friday is beautiful because it reminds us that we matter to the great Lord. Have a divine Good Friday with your family and loved ones.”
- “The world didn’t end with the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, a new revolution started and took the whole world by storm on the resurrection. Good Friday 2023!”
- May this Good Friday bring peace and prosperity in your life. May the Holy Spirit shield you from any danger, and may the Lord light your way up, now and always.
- May, on this holy day, we start with fasting and prayers so that we can bring God’s mercy and forgiveness to all mankind. May we all pray together, and may the Lord bless us all!
- Praying and hoping that the blessings of God are always upon us on this Good Friday!
- Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus, the unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice. He took our guilt and blamed upon Himself.
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace. Wishing you all a Happy Good Friday!
- We who are enlisted to be fellow workers with God know that death did not have the last word, that Good Friday was not the end of the story.
- You are blessed to be given another chance to live. Make use of it and be a blessing, just like Jesus Christ is to us. Have a Good Friday!
Good Friday 2023 Messages for Family
For many families, Good Friday is a time to come together and reflect on their faith. Here are some messages you can send to your family members:
- “May the blessings of Good Friday bring peace and comfort to our family, and may we always be guided by the love of Jesus Christ.”
- “Wishing you a blessed Good Friday filled with faith, hope, and love.”
- “As we gather together on this Good Friday, let us remember the sacrifice of Jesus and the grace that it brings to our lives.”
- “Sending you love and prayers on this Good Friday. May the sacrifice of Jesus inspire us to be kinder, more compassionate, and more forgiving.”
- They killed him brutally yet he managed to rise from the dead to deliver the message of God and to fulfill his pure agenda. I wish you all a mirthful and holy good Friday!”
- “May This Good Friday Lord Jesus listen to all your prayers and free you from all the excruciating sufferings. Let his mercy and forgiveness fall on you!”
- “It’s Good Friday. Good Because 2000 years ago the events of today prove that we matter to God. Good Friday.”
Good Friday 2023 Quotes
Sometimes, the words of others can capture the essence of a holiday or occasion better than our own. Here are some powerful quotes to inspire and uplift you on Good Friday:
- “The cross is a one-time visual representation of God’s grief over sin.” – Dean L. Harvey
- “The marvel of heaven and earth, of time and eternity, is the atoning death of Jesus Christ. This is the mystery that brings more glory to God than all creation.” – C.H. Spurgeon
- “By the cross, we know the gravity of sin and the greatness of God’s love toward us.” – John Chrysostom
- “The cross is not a sign of the church’s victory, but a reminder of the victory Christ has already won.” – John Stott
- Exalt the Cross! God has hung the destiny of the race upon it. Other things we may do in the realm of ethics, and on the lines of philanthropic reforms; but our main duty converges into setting that one glorious beacon of salvation, Calvary’s Cross, before the gaze of every immortal soul. – Theodore Ledyard Cuyler
- Good Friday is the mirror held up by Jesus so that we can see ourselves in all our stark reality, and then it turns us to that cross and to his eyes and we hear these words, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do”. That’s us! – Anonymous
- What is good about Good Friday? Why isn’t it called Bad Friday? Because out of the appallingly bad came what was inexpressibly good. And the good trumps the bad, because though the bad was temporary, the good is eternal. – Randy Alcorn
- Good Friday and Easter free us to think about other things far beyond our own personal fate, about the ultimate meaning of all life, suffering, and events; and we lay hold of a great hope. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Cross! There, and there only though the deist rave, and the atheist, if Earth bears so base a slave; There and there only, is the power to save. – William Cowper
- Good Friday is a day of sorrow mingled with joy. It is a time to grieve over the sin of man and to meditate and rejoice upon God’s love in giving His only Son for the redemption of sin. – David Katski
Good Friday 2023 Greetings
Finally, here are some simple but heartfelt greetings you can send to loved ones on Good Friday:
- “Wishing you a blessed Good Friday and a peaceful Easter.”
- “May the love of Jesus fill your heart and bring you comfort on this Good Friday.”
- “Thinking of you on this solemn occasion and sending you warmest wishes for peace and hope.”
- “May the sacrifice of Jesus bring you grace and blessings today and always.”
- “Today we remember God’s great love for us. May this day bring new meaning and change in your life! Wishing all Christians A Blessed Good Friday. ”
- “On this Good Friday may we never forget the true meaning of Easter – ‘For when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.”
- “Every drop of blood came out of the body Jesus purified the whole world’s sins. Now, it’s your turn to make the world the way Jesus wanted it. Have a blessed Holy Friday!”
How to Use Good Friday Messages
Whether you choose to send a message, quote, or greeting, the most important thing is to share the message of love and faith with others. Good Friday is a time to reflect on the sacrifice Jesus made for us and to renew our commitment to living a life of compassion and service. By sharing these messages with friends and family, we can spread the hope and joy of Easter to those around us.
Good Friday is a solemn but important day for Christians around the world. It’s a time to remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and to reflect on our own faith and commitment to love and service. By sharing messages of hope and comfort with those around us, we can help spread the message of Easter and make the world a better, more compassionate place.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the significance of Good Friday for Christians? Good Friday is the day when Jesus was crucified and died on the cross. It is a day of mourning and reflection, but also a time to renew our commitment to faith and service.
- Why is it important to share Good Friday messages with others? By sharing messages of hope and comfort with friends and family, we can spread the message of love and faith and help make the world a better, more compassionate place.
- What are some Good Friday messages I can send to my loved ones? There are many messages and quotes you can choose from, but some examples include: “May the blessings of Good Friday bring peace and comfort to our family, and may we always be guided by the love of Jesus Christ,” or “On this Good Friday, let us remember that through his suffering and death, Jesus showed us the true meaning of love and sacrifice.”
- How can I use Good Friday messages to deepen my own faith? By reflecting on the messages and quotes you send to others, you can deepen your own faith and commitment to living a life of love and service.
- How can I make the most of Good Friday and Easter? In addition to sending messages to loved ones, you can attend church services, participate in community service or volunteer work, and spend time with family and friends, celebrating the hope and joy of Easter.