General Studies Questions Asked In Uttarakhand PCS Exam Uttarakhand PCS Pre exam-2012 Questions
The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission is regulated by the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission Procedure and Conduct of Business Rule 2007 (Framed by the Lok sewa Ayog Uttarakhand under section 11 of U.P. State Lok sewa Ayog (Prakriya ka viniyaman) Adhiniyam, 1985 Uttarakhand Anukulan awam upantaran Adesh, 2002.) Here we provides some GS (General Studies) Questions which is asked in year 2014.
1. Which constitutional amendment provided constitutional status to urban local government? Ans: 74th.
2. What is the tenure of chief election commissioner of India? Ans: Six years or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
3. Who was the first Governor of Uttarakhand? Ans: Smt. Margaret Alva.
4. Under which of the following the constituent assembly of India was constituted? Ans: Judges of High Court.
5. Who establish the ‘Garhdesh seva sangh’? Ans: Sridev Suman.
6. Who is known as ‘Gandhi of Uttarakhand’? Ans: Indramani Badoni.
7. Who administers the oath of office and secrecy of the Governor? Ans: Chief Justice of High Court.
8. ‘Right to Education’ introduced through 86th Amendment came into force? Ans: In 2010.
9. Which tribes of uttarakhand had trade relations with Tibet before 1962 war with China? Ans: Bhotia.
10. Who was the first chairman of ‘Uttarakhand Kranti Dal’? Ans: D.D. Pant.
11. As per 2011 Census, Literacy rate of Uttarakhand State is? Ans: 79.63 %.
12. According to Malthusian Theory of Population, population increase in. Ans: Geometrical Progression
13. NREGA was renamed ‘MNREGA’ On which date? Ans: 2nd October 2009.
14. The planned Development Model was adopted in India from which date? Ans: 1st April 1951.
15. As per census 2011, the SEX ratio (number of females per 1000 males) in India is ? Ans: 940.
16. The Committee on Financial Sector Reforms 2008, in India was headed by? Ans: Raghuram Rajan.
17. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority was set up in India on which date? Ans: April 2000.
18. One carbon credit is equivalent to? Ans: 1000 KG CO2.
19. Kedar valley disaster of June 2013, was cause by heavy rains in the catchment area of river, name of that river? Ans: Mandakini.
20. The number of organisms that can be supported by the environment in a given area is known as? Ans: Carying Capacity.
21. Sending an identical E-mail message repeatedly to a particular address by any abuser is called? Ans: E-mail Bombing.
22. Which Uranium isotope is used in nuclear power plants to produce electricity? Ans: U-235.
23. In the Union Budget, 2014 the Integrated Ganga Conservation mission has been called as? Ans: Namami Ganga.
24. Where is the Headquarters of North-Central Railway Zone situated? Ans: Allahabad.
25. Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) is situated at? Ans: Dehradun.
26. Who was the Chief Guest at the Republic Day parade 2014 of India? Ans: Sinzo Abe.
27. Who has been appointed the new National Security Advisor of India? Ans: Ajit Kumar Doval.
28. Which of the following won the first medal for India at the 17th Asian games organised in South Korea? Ans: Sweta Choudhary.
29. Who is the author of book “Out Of Print: Newspapers, Journalism and the Business of News in the Digital Age”? Ans: Professor George Brock.
30. Who has been appointed as the “Horticulture Ambassador Of Maharashtra”? Ans: Amitabh Bachchan.
31. Who was the author of the Book “neel-Darpan”? Ans: Dinbandhu Mitra.
32. Who established ‘Satya Sodhak Samaj’? Ans: Jotiba Phule.
33. The longest glacier in Uttarakhand is? Ans: Gangotri Glacier.
34. Where is the earliest reference of ‘Magnetic Compass’ Found? Ans: Jawamiul Hikayat.
35. The first chief justice of supreme court established by the East India Company was? Ans: Elijah Impey.
36. The state having highest literacy rate per 2011 census is? Ans: Mizoram.
37. Where is the Grenada is located in? Ans: Caribbean Sea.
38. When was south asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) established? Ans: 1985.
39. Basaltic Lava rocks over Indian Deccan Plateau are formed in the which period? Ans: Cretaceous Period.
40. Under which agreement International Monetary Found was established ? Ans: Bretton Woods Agreement.
Get This Book: Uttarakhand P.C.S. Prarambhik Pariksha Samanya Adhyayan