GATE Exam 2015: Exam Pattern, Papers And Complete Syllabus

Hello Readers Welcome To the site Of Indjobsportal.In,Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidate in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and postgraduate level subjects in Science. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance level in a particular subject in the exam across several years. The score is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistan.

Structure of GATE 2015-

For the GATE 2015 examination, a candidate can apply for only one of the 22 papers. The syllabus for each of the papers is given separately. Making a choice of the appropriate paper during GATE application is the responsibility of the candidate. The candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree. However, the candidate is, free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission. For more details regarding the admission criteria in any particular institute, the candidate is advised to refer to the Officil websites of that institute (http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015).

GATE 2015 Exam Notification For M.TECH Admission And Jobs In PSU

CSIER-UGC NET Exam Notification 2014, Exam Pattern And Syllabus

List of GATE Papers-

Aerospace Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Architecture and Planning
Biotechnology
Civil Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Computer Science and Information Technology
Chemistry
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Ecology and Evolution
Geology and Geophysics
Instrumentation Engineering
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Mining Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Physics
Production and Industrial Engineering
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Engineering Sciences
Life Sciences

Engineering Sciences Paper Sections:

Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)
Fluid Mechanics
Materials Science
Solid Mechanics
Thermodynamics
Polymer Science and Engineering
Food Technology

Life Sciences Paper Sections:

Chemistry (Compulsory)
Food Technology
Biochemistry
Botany
Microbiology
Zoology

AIIMS Recruitment 2014 For Sr & Jr Resident Posts

BSNL JAO/JTO/TTA Recruitment 2014

General Aptitude Questions-

All the papers will have few questions that test the General Aptitude (Language and Analytical Skills), apart from the core subject of the paper.

Engineering Sciences Papers-

A candidate appearing in the Engineering Sciences paper has to answer the following:

1. Engineering Mathematics
2. GA (General Aptitude)
3. Any two sections

The choice of two sections can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only two optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections.

Life Sciences Paper-

A candidate appearing in the Life Sciences paper has to answer the following:

1. Chemistry
2. GA (General Aptitude)
3. Any two sections

The choice of two sections can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only two optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections.

Pattern of Question Papers-

In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA). In the papers, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper. In the papers, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.

GATE 2015 would contain questions of two different types in various papers:

(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).

(ii) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.

Design of Questions:

The questions in a paper may be designed to test the following abilities:

(i) Recall:

These are based on facts, principles, formulae or laws of the discipline of the paper. The candidate is expected to be able to obtain the answer either from his/her memory of the subject or at most from a one-line computation.

Example:

Question1. During machining, maximum heat is produced
(A) in flank face
(B) in rake face
(C) in shear zone
(D) due to friction between chip and tool

GATE Engineering Mathematics & General Aptitude 2015

GATE 2015 – Computer Science & Information Technology

(ii) Comprehension:

These questions will test the candidate’s understanding of the basics of his/her field, by requiring him/her to draw simple conclusions from fundamental ideas.

Example:

Question2. A DC motor requires a starter in order to
(A) develop a starting torque
(B) compensate for auxiliary field ampere turns
(C) limit armature current at starting
(D) provide regenerative braking

(iii) Application:

In these questions, the candidate is expected to apply his/her knowledge either through computation or by logical reasoning.

Example:

Question3. The sequent depth ratio of a hydraulic jump in a rectangular channel is 16.48. The Froude number at the beginning of the jump is:
(A) 5.0
(B) 8.0
(C) 10.0
(D) 12.0

Examples of each of this design are given in the types of questions above. The questions based on the above logics may be a mix of single standalone statement/phrase/data type questions, combination of option codes type questions or match items type questions.

(iv) Analysis and Synthesis:

In these questions, the candidate is presented with data, diagrams, images etc. that require analysis before a question can be answered. A Synthesis question might require the candidate to compare two or more pieces of information. Questions in this category could, for example, involve candidates in recognizing unstated assumptions, or separating useful information from irrelevant information.

Important dates-

Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing : Wednesday 17 th December 2014.

GATE 2015 Online Examination:

31 st January, 1st, 7th, 8th and 14th February, 2015

Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon

Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM

Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website: Thursday 12th March 2015

 

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.